Publishing Process Steps
If you are printing your book, it is necessary that you send one copy to the national library. see Legal Deposit for more details
To join our Network, get an ISBN number, and publish your book all you need to do is:
- Complete our Membership Form to become a member. To become a member all you need to do is provide is your name, username, email address, and book/publication details (title, author, format). Membership is free and anyone can become a member. Information submitted in the membership forms is for our records only (you won’t receive unsolicited emails from us). If you are already a member, and want to purchase another ISBN Number, please complete the membership form again to proceed to the purchase page.
- Purchase your ISBN Number – Select the items you want from our Purchase Page (ISBN Number, Barcode Images, Registration) and then proceed to PayPal to make the payment.
- Receive your ISBN Number by email. You will usually receive your ISBN Number by email within 24 hours (during business days). If you ordered barcode images as well, you will receive these by email too. They will be supplied in 5 formats (jpeg, eps, tiff, bmp & pdf) – you can choose which format to use. If you ordered Registration as well then we will email you to request additional information from you so that we can register your publication on Nielsen’s.
- Attach the ISBN Barcode to your digital book cover – Either insert the barcode image into your cover design before publication/printing, or (if your book has already been printed) get the barcode printed onto sticky labels and attach them to the back cover of your book.
- Arrange to print your book with a ‘Print on Demand’ Printing Company — Some printing companies offer ‘print on demand’ services for self-publishers, where they can print smaller quantities of your books (e.g. 100 x copies) at a time. Check out our links page for more information.